August 01, 2007

Ear Irrigation

Yep, had that done today! Although painful, I feel like a normal person who can hear. I definately hear better. This will help me with my sinus problems since in some cases removing old impacted wax makes a difference.
The peroxide bucket (after ear irrigation) was disgusting and I recommend this procedure to anyone! It feels great now that I am done...

Tip!
I was told today by Dr. Stark (Baylor Medical in Heath, TX) that use of QTips is actually dangerous because it creates an impaction. Instead, use a wash cloth and only clean around the ear, do not stick it in your ear drum. Also, putting 1 or 2 drops of either baby oil or olive oil once a month is very helpful because it will keep your wax from hardening and it will flow out of your ear naturally.

Although this is disgusting, I wanted to share this with you especially if I can change someone from using QTips and being in the position that i was....My ears no longer itch or hurt...I am a new person!

4 comments:

Laura said...

YAY! good for you! :0) Where did you go to get that done? I am completely convinced of NO Q-tips!

АLEKSANDRA said...

ok ok did you get it done at doctor's office?

Olga said...

yep, i did it at my doctors office. he is at Baylor Medical Center in Heath...He was super gentle...i really like him...

Anonymous said...

Did you finger get better? I'm glad the ear thing went well. Q-Tips should be banned!