July 13, 2007


Friday the 13th!

How can Friday the 13th not go unnoted or uneventful? Is that even possible?
No, I don't think so...I am pretty supersticious and for good reasons...

Dave was dressed for work and had approx 5min to eat his dinner...But does he?
We heard a loud 'BANG!' as if it was in our own backyard...

Conversation:
Olga: "Dave, what was that?"
David: "Sounded like a dumpster truck?"
Olga: "Really, it's not Thursday?"
Silence.............................

Dave walks to the backyard to only find out it was a car wreck..Needless to say, as a rubber necker, I found it interesting to watch the wreck from atop my picnic table...Dave went to assist the wreck! Which by the way was not pretty...The child got flown to Baylor and ofcourse the car is completely totaled....The other truck was also banged up in 2 places....

I stayed atop that picnic for approx 20 min until the wrecker came and the helicopter arrived to take the child (by the way who is our neigbhor) to the hospital.

I found it interesting that the helicopter used the street behind my fence as a launch pad....

Yes people, here is a pic, and yes, that is my tree and my fence...and that is a real helicopter and yes it was loud and smelled like gasoline until it left.

It's nice that Dave found out that the child was going to be OK.. Whew!

3 comments:

АLEKSANDRA said...

wow ,thats big. I hope the kiddo is going to be all right
why did it happen?

Anonymous said...

Nothing like being in the right place at the right time. David was the first responder this time. what a way to start his shift, right in his own backyard.

Laura said...

Whoa! That must have been a shocker. Thank God Dave was there to help out and the kid will be okay.
I hope ya'll are enjoying your weekend!